Tuesday, December 7, 2010

1439 Douglas Dr..Clearwater FL

We drove south today to Clearwater, found the house that Mom & Dad built back in 56-57..looks different than I remember, I don't remember the brick facing, I remember white stucco, otherwise, the circle is still there, palm tree is gone, another tree in its' place, the pond where Dad and Alan used to bass fish, with the alligator, has been filled in, and another house is there.  Landscaping is different, grapefruit trees in the front are gone, couldn't see the back yard to see if the orange trees were still there.

From there, we drove north to Honeymoon Island State Park, took the Dunedin causeway across to the island.  The island actually broke into 2 pieces during a hurricane in 1921.  The ferry between the 2 halves was not running because of the wind and waves.


There were alot of people on the beach picking up shells, found a few myself...sister Susie Sells
Seashells by the Seashore ??

Hard freeze forecast, with lows of 27* strawberry farms are worried about loosing their crop. I'm glad I packed my winter coat.

No comments:

Post a Comment